Understanding and managing immediate, short-term and longer-term risk in your organization are critical responsibilities of the Board and the Executive Director. We can help you to:
- Understand the principles of Business Continuity, risk management and health and safety management.
- Identify types of risk in your organization.
- Assess your organization’s current and future risks, prioritize these, and determine your organization’s tolerance and readiness to address each type of risk.
- Guide your organization in developing systems for managing each type of risk including a Health and Safety Management System IHSMS) and/or a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- Assist in establishing a process to regularly monitor, address and report risks and ensure compliance with related legislation.
Financial systems and accountability are key to your organization's success and credibility. We can work with you to:
- Review your organization’s financial management programs, including policies and controls.
- Suggest changes in policies, practices and procedures to better manage your financial affairs.
- Develop a budgeting and financial control system.
- Facilitate the annual budgeting review.
- Improve your management reporting.
Skills in board governance are essential to successful organizations. We can support your board to be the best it can be. We will work together with your Board to:
- Establish a common framework for governance.
- Examine various governance models and options.
- Help a Board of Directors understand what governance practices it should be engaged in.
- Identify related by-laws issues for Board and legal consideration.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities.
- Improve Board recruitment, orientation, training and retention.
- Increase the effectiveness of Board operations.
- Maximize the value of Board committees and other supporting structures.
- Evaluate Board dynamics
People are a nonprofit's most important resource. We can help you implement policies and procedures to support you, your staff and your volunteers. From recruitment to recognition to discipline or dismissal, we can help you with:
- HR policies, practices and administrative systems/processes.
- Leadership development and coaching programs.
- Succession planning processes and strategies.
- Performance management (employee appraisal and career development programs).
- Compensation, benefit and reward programs and strategies.
- On-line employee surveys (360-degree, engagement and organizational effectiveness surveys).
- Communications and morale strategies (board, management and staff relations).
- Effective recruiting and interviewing strategies.
- Organization planning, development and change readiness strategies.
- Volunteer Management including assessing the status of current volunteer programs, identify and offer processes to support recruitment, policy gaps, orientation and training and coaching. In alignment with HR practices, processes for developing volunteer role descriptions, record keeping, issues and recognition can also be addressed
We can help you develop a strategic plan to achieve your vision for your organization. We can also help with work plans that support your strategic direction. We will help you to:
- Develop clear strategies, goals and measurement indicators.
- Identify and analyze issues, goals, concerns, and other information critical to strategic thinking.
- Clarify goals and priorities.
- Assess the consistency of programs with the organization’s mission.
- Clarify operational and resource implications.
- Develop operating plans, both long term and annual.
- Design outcome measurements.
- Help you develop a Strategic Plan.